The mission of the study program is the formulation of attitudes, responsibilities, and obligations of the community and is a plan of action taken derived from a vision that has been mutually agreed upon. The mission is integrated steps to be able to realize and achieve the vision of PSU FT Unud. The PSA mission can be described as follows:
- Carrying out operational institutions of architectural higher education at the undergraduate level that is credible, accountable, transparent, fair and responsible and remains one of the leading study programs of Udayana University.
- Organizing the learning process that (a) places students as learning subjects / student centered learning; (b) organizing undergraduate tertiary education in the field of architecture and built environment by training students to be responsive to actual design problems / problem based learning; (c) develops learning for students who are not only for increasing academic ability, but have soft skills to work in teams, are able to communicate their ideas and ideas with various media and are able to develop themselves into creative, critical and responsible individuals; (d) developing learning that gives birth to graduates who are sensitive to social and creative problems in the creation of architecture and built environments that have local identities without ignoring the development of technology, art and science; (e) developing PJJ (Distance Learning) which is a refinement of the E-LSEU (E-Learning Smart and Elegant of Udayana) program; (f) form a PPArs (Architecture Professional Program) team to achieve a 5-year architecture education to improve the quality of graduates who are good in the community.
- Develop research with topics that are already listed in the study program research roadmap, and develop research on design issues and the built environment, and develop them into teaching material.
- Making PSA as a source of information and knowledge of ethnic architecture by developing vernacular architectural research that is spread throughout the archipelago and disseminating research results through various seminars, publications and scientific discussions on the theme of architecture and the archipelago-built environment.
- Increase community service activities by participating in various activities to provide assistance in the design of places of worship, village planning arrangements, structuring of temples and the environment, providing carpentry skills training to the community.
- Providing opportunities for students to develop their ability to organize, train sensitivity to social and environmental issues in society and at the same time improve their ability to interact with the wider community.
- Increasing the capacity of the civitas by inviting various experts, practitioners, experts in the field of design and the built environment to open the civitas insight and bring the academic world and the practical world closer to reality.
- Developing networks by collaborating in partnership with various universities both at home and abroad and sharing about good practices in tri dharma activities that have been carried out such as joint research, international conferences, scientific publications and learning strategies.
- Developing cooperation with professional associations, stakeholders, alumni, users of graduates to provide input to each other to improve the learning process and curriculum in order to improve the quality of graduates.
- Develop and enhance the capacity of teaching staff to be able to provide support for the smooth implementation of PSA activities through training and workshops.
- Develop and improve the quality of human resources by giving opportunities to the community to carry out further studies for those in need.
- Develop cooperation with local governments to be able to play an active role and make suggestions on problems faced by the community
- Improve and develop facilities and infrastructure to support the learning process.
- Develop and improve the quality of international programs through increased cooperation and socialization of international programs to various universities abroad and by preparing the AUN-QA program to improve the quality of graduates.
- Increase the publication of lecturer research results in scientific journals both on a national and international scale.